Thursday, June 28, 2007

Ode to Drano

I feel like Drano is a technological advancement that we don't give enough credit to. I, for one, have overlooked it far too long. Rhett and I just moved into a new house down here in Vegas -which we really love, by the way. But I'm sure we've all encountered the fun surprises that are left behind in a place someone has lived before. Paint cans in the garage, compacted beer bottles left in the trash compactor, fruit loops and ketchup packets scattered in the pantry, dirty magazines on the top shelf of the closet - to name a few. But these things are easily dealt with. Clogged drains left by previous owners, however, have been quite troublesome to me. The visual of what makes up that clog and that it belongs to a stranger who I've already decided I don't like because they left fruit loops and ketchup packets for me to clean up, it just grosses me out. So two of the bathroom sinks were almost completely backed up. Turn the sink on for 30 seconds and the sink was filled to near overflowing. I could barely brush my teeth! So it bothered me day and night as I tried to curse the clog away. Surprisingly, that never worked. Now enter the hero of our story: generic-brand Drano. Admittedly, one treatment was not enough, but a couple treatments later and that water runs down the drain lickety-split. Thanks Drano!

3 comments:

  1. Just thought you'd like to know that I'm laughing RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not the only one with backed up drains. Remember that little post I made about box elders???? I have about 200 on my back porch everyday when I get home. Sure spray them with water you are thinking? Of course--but then the drain that I have to walk across to get back inside IS CLOGGED. Even sticking the garden hose in it, turning it on full blast does not clear this massive one out. I have found if a couple of tratments work and then it starts clogging again......pour the draino, let it sit for a few minutes and then get the plunger. After it sits again and starts draining REPEAT. I have to do this to two of my drains frequently....And no, I can't think about what is causing the drain. I think I just threw up in my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ***causing the clog I mean. He he he.

    ReplyDelete