Saturday, November 17, 2007

and the night shift drags on

Tonight I am working the first graveyard shift of my life. 7pm to 7am, and what a treat it is. I had things to do for about the first 2 hours, and now I am getting paid to browse the internet, clean out my inbox, do a little online window shopping, and now I blog. Almost worth it, I know, but I'd still rather be at home in my bed. Still 8 hours to go on my shift. One of the other girls here is making a Wendy's run as we speak, so that will be the uncontended highlight of the night. I'm really looking forward to it. 5-piece chicken nuggets with sweet & sour sauce and a sour cream and chives baked potato, my favorite Wendy's order. It used to cost me $1.13 but they went and hiked up the potato price by a couple dimes behind my back - scoundrels. But honestly I'd pay it any day. I can't get enough of those chicken nuggets. However, let it be stated that the best nuggets in all the world can be found right at your neighborhood food court at Chic-Fil-A. Rhett had chicken nuggets from Chic-Fil-A today, and I almost cried when I discovered he had called me from the food court to see if I wanted any, but I didn't answer because I was at a bridal shower. So he didn't get me any because he didn't know when I'd be home or if I'd already eaten. And those waffle fries!? With FRY SAUCE? It was truly a tragedy. And then add their deliciously pulpy lemonade, with free refills, and I'm a happy girl.

What else to say? I feel like I should just ramble on and on for the sake of filling time, but I'll spare the rest of you.

And as for things to come here on this ol' blog, I should tell you that we officially have the internet at our home now, as of this week. It's very exciting. And I have many, MANY pictures to download and stories to share. So look forward to much blogging excitement and possibly overstimulation. It's gonna be rich. Halloween pictures posted on Thanksgiving? Yes, please.

5 comments:

  1. Hi babe!
    Graveyard?! Suck! I'd come visit you, but my sick body won't allow it. I'm a bit miserable. When you mentioned Wendy's in your blog my throat started to itch for a frosty.
    I certainly miss you.
    I'm looking forward to the promised update and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to more pictures and updates.

    It was fun to see you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Nat! I am glad you have the internet. Does it make you wonder how previous generations (including our own, pre-1995) lived without a connection? I sure do.

    As for the graveyards...I don't envy you for the whole shift switching aspects, but to be paid for what I spend way too much time doing everyday (blog browsing, etc.) now that is enviable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie working the graveyard shift = lots of fun stuff to read.

    If you need something addicting to help pass the time, might I recommend this site: http://freerice.com/index.php (Compliments of Hilda)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to check the comments on the blog I--oops! I mean you--posted. You know, the one entitled Madonna, that's who. I commented and after I saved it, I realized it could have been another post, it's so long!

    Here are my comments regarding YOUR blog:
    - graveyards are icky! I wouldn't want it...however, I do hear there is a very nice shift differential for working them.

    - AMEN! to the Wendy's comment. If you are ever in desperate need don't forget that your best friend/roommate/cousin lives very close to your work and now has her evenings off! Just a thought.

    - LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete