Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I have a date tonight

In case there were any questions, I really love my husband. I'm sitting here at work, on the tail end of my 12-hour shift at the hospital, and the phone rings. The girl that usually answers the phones was busy, so I grabbed it. "2 North, this is Natalie." The guy on the other line answered, "Nataree?" That's what Rhett calls me when he's playing around. And I was so happy just to hear his voice on the other end of the line! And then that darling boy asked me on a date for tonight after I got off work. It made my day. (Week is more like it.) So we're going to the Jazz game tonight and Rhett's pretty excited to have some bonding time with LaBron James. And I loved that he officially asked me on a date. Even though we're married, even though we always spend time together, it still melts my heart. It makes me feel giddy like it's our second date or something. He even walked up into the closet and asked me what clothes I want him to bring because he knows I'd hate to show up to a Jazz game in my green scrubs. He's such a good man. Good thing I got ready this morning before work is all I can say. That's rarely something I do at 5:30 in the morning. For some reason, this morning was special. I even curled my hair! The stars aligned I guess.

So I have a date tonight. Now all I can do is stare at the clock and watch it tick tock the time away until I can go and meet this hot guy I'm going out with tonight. I think I have a crush on him.

5 comments:

  1. That is so cute of Rhett! He is darling indeed. I'm a bit jealous you're at the game...but hey, I've got KJAZZ so what's my beef, huh?

    Have a great time, and we still need to double.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO JAZZ! What an exciting game to be at!!!!!!

    Congrats on the date. Those are special times when you have been dating or in your case married and then get asked out. It does melt your (and my) heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww.....

    Hope you had fun, and never stop dating, even after the kids come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post! I could feel your giddyness through it. Hot dates are the best! Oh wait...I wouldn't know. Just kidding. Rhett's just so...so...AWESOME. That's really an understatement. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear cousin-in-law or however we are related! I am excited I found your blog! You two are darling. Congrats on the new house. Come visit my blog anytime...lichellandtrent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete