Tuesday, December 25, 2007

just like the ones I used to know


This Christmas I'm grateful that it was a white Christmas. My heart sings praises at the sight of a fresh blanket of snow. It captures me for a brief moment, and all seems right in the world. Even when my tires are spinning instead of gripping and it takes 2 or 3 tries to get up my rediculously steep driveway, I'm still smiling on the inside because all is snowy and white.
Next time you find one of those perfectly formed snowflakes that has landed on your sleeve, stare at it for a second and try to remember how amazed you were the first time you realized that snowflakes really do look like those paper creations you cut out in elementary school. I'm back in Kindergarten every time it snows.
Snow makes me happy. It just does. And when the rest of the world is bah-humbugging when it snows on Easter, I'll be dreaming of a white Memorial Day, just like the ones I used to know.

5 comments:

  1. How nice. I will keep that in mind :). My puppies would definetly agree, they too love the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have enjoyed the snow this year, but generally I don't care for winter much. I think that changed while I was on my mission....just got used to being warm all the time and now I prefer to be too warm as to too cold.

    Pretty picture. Where was that taken?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lyd. It is a lovely picture, isn't it? Clearly not one I took, as there are no grinning faces in it to cover up the beautiful shot mother nature has provided. I found it on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picture, Nat.
    I agree, I love the white stuff. Although, I need to buy a beefier car for next year if the trend continues. Praying my car makes it up a hill isn't my idea of safe snow driving.
    BUT I love the way snow looks, smells, and even tastes.(Just the kind that lands on your tongue.) It's like being a kid again.

    By the way, when is our retreat to Park City? Is it in February? I cannot remember....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a way with words, my dear. I am happy that it is so snowy this winter! Have fun playing in the winter wonderland!

    ReplyDelete