Wednesday, December 12, 2007

BROOKS OR BUST!

'g' stands for...

Garth Brooks, baby!
I've always wished that I had seen Garth Brooks in concert before he retired. So when he announced that he was doing one more concert in Kansas City, Rhett and I decided we had to see it. We tried to get tickets, but they sold out in minutes. Then they opened up 2 more concerts, and they sold out. Then they opened up six more concerts, for a grand total of NINE shows in one city. I was online for about 4 hours from start to finish, clicking and refreshing and clicking and refreshing, and I ended up with 3 tickets to the 1st concert. All 3 tickets were separate, and all 3 were "rear-view" seats. But we didn't care. So off to Kansas City we went. The concert tickets were $27 each, we flew out there on buddy passes, and we got a discount at the Marriott, so all in all, it was a fantastically affordable good time.
Rhett's cousin/best friend David came with us. He works at one of the radio stations in Salt Lake, so he did a call-in report on the concert that night after it got over, and then the next morning on the morning show. I told him he had to give me a shout out since I hooked him up with all my connections, but I'm pretty sure it slipped his mind. Silly boy.

The concert was absolutely AMAZING. Garth Brooks is a master performer. I loved every second of it. Oh, and my crappy "rear-view" seats were 2ND ROW, and actually SIDE VIEW, and awesome. Plus, there was one seat next to me that never filled up, so after Trisha Yearwood opened, Rhett came down and joined me so we got to sit by each other. It was perfect!

Below, Garth obviously pointing right at me. YOU TOO BUDDY!
Of course he jumped into a hole in the stage when it was over.
I LOVE YOU GARTH!
(However, my superfanhood ends there as I will not be purchasing his latest hits album since it is sold exclusively at Cesspool-mart. What does he have against Target anyway?)

7 comments:

  1. Anytime I think of Garth, I think of Nintendo playing Mario3. My sister loves Garth and we listened to his TAPES over & over while playing. Honestly, there are a few songs that remind me of the water world because it took us so long to beat it!

    But who doesn't love a good Garth concernt. I must say too, that I would have never pictured you or your hubby liking Garth Brooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *concert. Now I have completely embarrassed myself in front of your friend, Shanna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I love a good "Concernt" (I am pretty sure the majority of Garth fans do pronounce Concert like this- "I'm fixin' to go to a concernt").

    I have never been to a GB concert, but I have heard they are amazing.
    Sounds (and looks) like you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie!! I am jealous. I didn't like Garth, or country music for that matter, until I was an adult and he was already retired. Now I love country and I've heard Garth is the ultimate performer. Good for you that it worked out! Looks like a blast...
    By the way, have you ever taken a bad picture? My word, girl. You and Rhett could be Barbie and Ken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am completely jealous! I want to be spontaneous like you. I am so glad that you got to see Garth though. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I was just wandering around and found your blog! I love it! Your writing is so intelligent and fresh. I'll be catching up on it often! I'm so jealous too. Garth Brooks! I would've done anything to see him. You and your hubby are so darling together.
    His cousin/best friend is pretty cute too. Married? Single? not that anything would come of it, but it never hurts to ask right?

    Keep up the good posts!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Ashley:

    I'm begging forgiveness because I know many Ashleys. Could I have a little hint about your last name?

    And he's single and looking. :)

    ReplyDelete