Monday, December 3, 2007

What should we name him?



This is my new friend that lives in the backyard. He eats there, he sleeps there, he watches me through the window while I'm vacuuming, so he ought to have a name. He stayed there for hours. Rhett came home for lunch and he's the one who spotted him through the window. Mr. Deer stayed all through lunch, and then I cleaned all 3 bathrooms, vacuumed the bedrooms, stairs, and living room, and he was STILL there. This was no prance through the yard. He was getting comfortable. I started whipping up some cream to put on the slice of pumpkin pie I was about to serve him to welcome him to the neighborhood, but I guess I spooked him. Must be lactose intolerant.




So let's get this guy a name. I'm taking votes. So far I've come up with White-Butt or Peeping Tom. A little help please?

9 comments:

  1. My vote is for peeping Tom. But maybe he's not a peeping Tom and just wants to be friendly and keep you company, so in that case such a name would not be appropriate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote goes for any of the following P-Diddy; Do'Lazy; White butt can jump; Bucky; Randolph a few horns short of Rudolph; Andy-Cane; or last but not least Mr. D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Squatter" the other reindeer...
    (You got to sing it to get the full effect.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squatter is winning in the polls. I REALLY like it. And I did sing it, it's got a lovely ring to it! Thanks Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should call him Walter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. King Deer?

    Rhymes with King Lear? Deer always seemed regal to me.

    Sorry. I'm spaced on cold meds today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about "The-Buck-Stops-Here?"
    Kinda long but you have to admit, clever. Jenny's Squatter is cute, though.

    Loved catching up on your blog today. Read a lot of past entries. Nice new look, too.

    I, too, am so in love with my husband. My being a newlywed is not a whole lot different than your being a newlywed, other than I don't have to worry about birth control. Nice...

    Love you, sweetie. Say hi to your mom for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about TBR short for "Tommy Boy's Revenge". He miraculously survived the accident, escaped the car, and is living in YOUR back yard! he hah haaha (tommy's little chuckle) gosh i miss Chris Farley.

    ReplyDelete