Wednesday, November 4, 2009

hold the carrots

I've reached a milestone in my life.

I was asked to bring a jello+fruit salad with Cool Whip on top to a funeral luncheon at the church. Granted, I had to actually read the directions on the box to see how to make Jello, but at the end of the day - mission accomplished. I also doubled up on the Cool Whip on top because it felt like the right thing to do. I had to follow my heart.

Given this accomplishment, I really feel like I'm coming into my own as an adult Mormon woman.

It's fine if you feel inclined to congratulate me. I'd really appreciate a welcome-to-the-club, ya know? I mean, this is a pretty big deal.

6 comments:

  1. Wait a minute here: did they ask you to bring Jell-O AND a fruit salad or a Jell-O fruit salad...

    Because if it's the latter, I can't believe they're being that specific about their food assignments. And I can't believe Jell-O is on their list as a standard, expected dish.

    You know what, of course I can. It's a Mormon funeral. But it's still bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the club (well at least from an outsider). Congrats on a Jell-o salad. I have yet to make one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Did you recieve your Jello + fruit salad merit badge? Next time they will upgrade you to funeral potatoes! You are really coming along with those badges...keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAHOO Natalie! You are one amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrads friend! I could never get the jello to set with fruit in it. I know they say you can not mess up jello but, as I have proven, you really can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny, I have yet to make a Jello salad EVER so that is an accomplishment for sure.
    And the Adam Lambert post was HILARIOUS, could he get any more disgusting?? I really thought the album cover was a joke...seriously gross!

    ReplyDelete