Thursday, January 7, 2010

two job offers in two days!

This week I had a 2nd interview with the Davis Conference Center to be an Event Manager. As I was leaving that interview, there on my phone in my inbox landed a great job offer from a marketing company in Salt Lake called Access. I've been gunning for this marketing job for 2 months now, so I was so excited! It felt like Christmas! The hiring process at Access has been so SO competitive, and they had a ton of applicants, and I had to go back for interview after interview to narrow the field. So I was flattered, to say the least, to have that job offer come in after all this time.

Well I just got off the phone with the Davis Conference Center - they offered me the job. Event planning has been my dream job for years. It's what I was made for. I could do it in my sleep.

So. I have got bigtime decisions to make. And what to do? There are so many things to consider. Both jobs are equally awesome. So then the other less important factors become the biggest players: The commute. The pay. The benefits. The flexibility. The PEOPLE. Opportunity for advancement. Where will I be happier? And Rhett is prepping to go to grad school, so there may come a time when I am bringing home the bacon solo. Which I am completely fine with, but it makes the salary even more important.

I just hope I make the right decision.

9 comments:

  1. You will make the perfect choice Natalie! I just know it! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so hard to choose between two good choices! i am excited to hear what you decide - either place will be so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...you will be working with my sis hu?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are crazy lucky to have two great career opportunities in this awful job market. I don't know the details of either, but I can't wait to hear what you pick! Best of luck with the choosing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on both offers! I am sure you'd do amazingly at either job. Good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY, congrats! I'm so indecisive, that's a tough call but both sound like awesome choices (coming from a Comms/PR gal as well). Happy deciding and best of luck with the new career. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you take one of the jobs yet??

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, Durb!!! Sorry that I didn't offer congratulations last week when you posted this. I only read blogs once a week nowadays. Let me know how this turned out. I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete