Friday, August 20, 2010

not ready not ready not ready

So I had a little panic attack this week when I went into a store to buy pillows, but instead I was bombarded by Halloween decorations. Suddenly, it occured to me that school starts this Monday, and as soon as kids go back to school, Halloween comes in the blink of an eye. Then the moment Halloween hits, suddenly it's Christmas, giving no thought to the fact that Thanksgiving has all but vanished into thin air.

I have a bun in the oven scheduled to make her appearance on December 9th... and I'm not ready! The time flies by so fast. I can't handle it. The room that will be Baby Birtha's nursery (Birtha is just what we call the fetus, not the child) is still currently filled with boxes that I need to go through and unpack. I have not purchased any baby essentials like cribs or carseats, instead I buy darling little baby clothes that don't really count on the be-prepared scale. Dang, I've got to get serious and get my act together! I think I will feel better once I have the essentials covered.
I'm open to any suggestions as to what in the world is considered essential. Seriously -- little help?

8 comments:

  1. Natalie. Take a couple deep breaths....in....out.....in....out...in....out! Make a list and take it one step at a time. You got this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie if it makes you feel any better..... we still need to prepare for this one! crib, double stroller, clothes, etc

    Your last couple weeks it will be nice to keep yourself busy and not stewing over having her come out! We need to do a baby shopping date???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can bet that you will have at least two, if not three showers by the time little one gets here. If that doesn't fill her room, then take your mother into babies'r'us and let her take over. Buy diapers now and put them in her closet. You can never have to many diapers. A few boxes of newborn size and a bunch of size 1's. I saw the cutest crib at costco of all places, so get the crib and build around it... You'll be just fine darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how about your 4th coming so fast...ahhhh! Let's make a deal...i'll help you. you help me. I am freaking about having to make another christmas stocking, getting christmas ready for 4 kids, and have had the very same thoughts as you...I am coming to help! PROMISE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crib, car seat and diapers are the essentials. Everything else just feels good. So get shopping and once those 3 things are picked out and purchased you'll be ready enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will be amazed at how very little you actually need (diapers, onesies, blankets, someplace to sleep)...however you'll want it all and your new house will quickly be consumed with baby gear and everything PINK! Wait for all those showers - you'll get hooked up. Enjoy the ride...
    p.s. nobody is ready for Halloween and Christmas decor already, so ridiculous! Let summer officially end please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nat,
    you have tons of time left. Stop worrying! you still have baby showers and presents to get. After that, you can go shopping for more stuff. If you use a bassinet you do not need a crib for a month or two. Babies r us lets you try carseats out and see how they will fit in your car, so you can see the workable ones and the ones you want. Do Not Stress!!!

    ReplyDelete