Sunday, October 24, 2010

something's in the water


I love Rhett. Not sure if I've mentioned that in a while. He makes me happy. And I know he's going to be such a great dad. I don't know who's more excited for Baby Birtha's arrival, him or me.


Last Sunday, at 33.5 weeks.



And the Sunday before, at 32.5 weeks.



And holy pregnant ladies, Batman -- check out all my hot pregnant friends! And had we had the baby shower just 2 weeks earlier, then Megan on the far left would have had that little guy inside too! From left: Megan (with Henry), Marina, Courtney, Emily, Venessa, and yours truly.




And the high school reunion on the couch moment- thanks for coming to the shower, ladies!
Lydia, Nat, Shanna, Angie, Lacey, Michelle, and Haley (the little girls are Lacey's and Michelle's)



Brunch was amazing. Melanie, your homemade quiche is basically the highlight of my life. And thanks for sharing your gorgeous home with us. Skyler was a real champ given that we went OVERtime.


Seriously, guys, the generosity was out of this world. Thanks again! Maybe I'll get the thank you notes in the mail, maybe I won't. The stars will have to align.




And kudos to Holly for staying up all night to finish this masterpiece of a quilt in time for the baby shower! Would you get a load of all those darling ruffles?? When I think of the hours and hours she must have spent on this quilt and the astounding amount of joy it brought to me, I realize that I'll never be that domestic, and I'm most likely a bad person for it! ;)




And again, Melanie, thanks for all the darlingness oozing from every inch of this baby shower. I realize the bad lighting in this photo doesn't do it justice, but she spelled out 'baby girl' with onesies on a clothesline.
And to all the picture-dodgers who intentionally stepped out of every photo op - you know who you are - next time I have the chance, I'll snap a really unflattering photo of you when you're not ready. And I'll post it right here for the world to see. And that will teach you to mess with me when I'm trying for tender group togetherness shots!

1 comment:

  1. Nat I am so excited for you and can I say you are quite the adorable prego woman!! I wish I could have made it to your shower. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete