Tuesday, January 15, 2008

priorities

Today I feel the need to publicly apologize to my dear friend, Wentworth Miller. As the rest of you undoubtedly know, last night was the winter premiere of Prison Break. Being the devout fan that I am (not to mention a personal friend of Wentworth's, see undoctored photo below), I naturally T-Vo'd it to avoid missing a moment of it. When I returned home from work at 8:00pm, it took every ounce of my patience to wait 2 whole minutes for the microwave to finish warming my leftovers before I raced to the TVo remote. I'm pretty sure Rhett was just as excited as I was to bond with Wentworth during another heartwarming episode of Prison Break, even though he became easily distracted by an editing project on his laptop, and felt the need to sort some laundry before starting our favorite show. But finally, the joyous moment arrived, and as I scrolled through my playlist, Prison Break was nowhere to be found. Surely this must be a cruel joke. But alas, it had not recorded. As I chaotically pushed buttons on the remote, trying to force it to produce Wentworth, Rhett gently snatched the remote from my hands and found a clever little TVo feature called the "Priority List." There, at the bottom, was Prison Break... listed at #17. It was scheduled to record, but had been trumped by reruns of Scrubs. My heart was broken.

And so, I am sorry Wentworth. It will never happen again.

For those of you who are fighting the tears, don't worry, this story has a happy ending. We promptly drove up to my parents' house and watched it on their TVo. They've got their priorities straight.

10 comments:

  1. C'mon now, Nat - #17?!?

    After all the good times we had with Went...

    I will admit, though - your apology sounds sincere. I'm glad you were able to watch it despite the obvious misunderstanding.

    What did you think? Drama, drama, drama ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Jessi, all I can say is I just hope the light at the end of the tunnel gets darker and darker for Schofield and Lincoln, so long as the ratings are up, so they stretch the show on for minimum 5 more seasons. Although I love -LOVE- Prison Break, the silver lining seems strategically fleeting. Annoying? Sure. Will I keep watching? Naturally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed it too!

    However, I am crying inside over the fact that I do not have a photo with me & Wentworth. I had no idea you had such wonderful hook-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Sometimes I just don't understand what is going on in that pretty little head of yours...you WAITED 2 minutes before attempting to watch Prisonbreak? You should have called Rhett from the car and had him warm up your leftovers so that they would have been piping hot when you walked in the door. I can't believe you actually made Wentworth wait. You know how busy he is...breaking out of prison and all.

    P.S. I really love that undoctored photo. I think I remember taking that picture. He is sitting on our couch with two of MY roommates...naturally since I'm not in the photo, I must be one behind the camera?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never really seen the show, but that Wentworth guy is pretty dang hot.
    TiVo mishaps are inevitable--I've missed precious new episodes of my favorite shows a few times. Still, I wouldn't trade my TiVo for anything--best invention EVER!
    Glad you were able to see your show after all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are hilarious.

    I must confess, I've never watched Prison Break but everyone who talks about it talks with the same adoration that you do. Maybe if the strike continues, I'll netflix it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shame on you Natalie...where are your priorities?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Nat... I have to admitt I have never watched a Prison Break episode. Yikes... I know. I hear it's really good. We just have no room in our TV schedule or "DVR schedule" for another addicting show. I'm sure it was torture though to realize it did not record.

    Did you get my email about the 209 girls blog? If not I sent the link to your yahoo account. Let me know if I need to resend. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. When this current season started, I just wasn't as into it as I used to be. Then when you-know-who's head ended up in a box, I stopped watching. I mean, what motivation does the other you-know-who have anymore?? Editing is for the sake of those of you who haven't seen it. I am sure they ironed everything out, Prison Break style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Natalie-you are hilarious! I am so sorry that Prison Break did not record for you. I hope you got to watch the episode online. It was so good to see you at my shower. Thanks so much for coming. I love you girl!

    ReplyDelete