Friday, February 8, 2008

effortless


Well, I keep feeling like I need to give some real attention to my tired old blog. But then every time I sit down to do it, I just don't feel like it. So today I've added a seriously huge picture to my blog title because I just discovered this feature in the customize options. It won't stay long, because I can't make it any less overwhelming. The options are either huge or not there. So today it will be huge, in a few days it will be not there.

As for the above picture, it's one of the most sentimental of all the pictures I have. Until last week I didn't know if its existence. My lil sis Sarah took it of us and its been trapped in her digital files ever since.

This photo was taken in Italy, sitting on a bridge over a river somewhere on the outskirts of Rome. I think the backdrop is gorgeous, but more moving is the emotion that this shot captures for me. We had only been married about 2 1/2 weeks here, and I was feeling as blissful as a girl could feel. I love this man more than I ever knew was possible, and felt as content as I've ever been. Just effortlessly happy. Little did I know that is just gets better and better with each day that goes by. No exotic trip to Europe necessary, our relationship just gets better with time. Even the hard days make it better, the boring days make it better, the long days, the crazy days, the nice days, the mellow days, the happy days and the sad ones. They all make it better. But when I look at this picture, my heart catches a little and I'm right back there wandering the streets of Rome with my brand new husband and all the family members I love so dearly, looking for another corner gilato shop and just taking it all in. I constantly feel like I don't deserve such a good life, but I'm grateful every day for it. So for now, I'll take it. And when the bad times come, I'll take those too.

What do you know, a few minutes of typing later, I've come up with something to say. It's nice when that happens.

16 comments:

  1. I loved reading this. It gave me flutters in my heart. I'm so happy that you have such a wonderful person to share your amazing heart with. I think you should leave the picture up there. I like looking at it too.
    Love, Ness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually very impressed by the picture. It is breathtaking.

    I also liked the title "effortless." (Sorry I didn't get to leaving a comment 'til now :)) This was a very sweet post. I think Rhett should read it, although I know you didn't right it for him. You wrote it for you. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    I love you Nat! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I changed it back for you, Lyd. Sometimes I worry about being too cheesy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED this post.
    Please don't change the picture for awhile--it takes me away to a place that I may never see! A girl's gotta dream!
    I love how you are holding Rhett's arm and leaning on him. I can really feel the emotions you described. I am so happy for you.
    Excellent post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful place, Natalie.
    Please don't take that pic down. It is amazing....both of you and Rhett, and where you are.
    And it does get better and better!
    Thanks for posting such a heartfelt message.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is a beautiful picture! I too agree, leave it up!

    I thought the post is great especially with Valentines right around the corner. You two are just so darn sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this post and I love the picture. You should keep it...you and Rhett, the background, everything about it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I'm a few days behind the rest, but I feel the majority rules...I too feel you should leave the picture up. I love it. It is definately one of those pictures that speaks a thousand words. It's so sincere and genuine, like the both of you. I loved the post and the way you described your married life. I couldn't be happier for you Nat!
    It makes me look forward to that next step in life...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous picture! This is Holly from work. I found your blog and it is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are always so grateful...i love reading your messages!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so peacefull. Granted you are in Italy. I would hope you were having a relazing honeymoon/family reunion... how did that work out. J/K I know you said it was a week or two after you were married. Nat, I miss you. You better start posting on "the ladies" blog, otherwise some incriminating photos may surface. I have lots.

    Lots of Love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Natalie! I haven't talked to you forever and somehow came across your blog! Hope marriage is still blissful and happy! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the picture. I agree with Vanessa, you should leave it up there. Also I am so happy that you and RB are having such a wonderful life together because cause if anyone deserves it, it's you guys.
    Love Ya!

    PS All of us girls need to get together and go to dinner. It seems like it has been forever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this picture and the post, it's great to be reminded of how blessed we truly are. I'm still sad I couldn't join the fam on this trip, hope there's a "next time." Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for reminding me of what is important. I am always inspired after reading your blog. Very thought provoking and insightful.

    ReplyDelete