Thursday, March 20, 2008

the great surprise

I successfully surprised Rhett. This is a very large accomplishment and I can't believe I forgot to mention it. Before now, I've never been able to pull off a surprise - Rhett reads me like a book and he always ruins it. But this time I was very very sneaky my friends...


For Valentine's day I planned a road trip to Vegas to see the O Show by Cirque du Soleil (with a great deal of help from my dear friend Melanie. The Skylanie pair joined us on the road trip). Valentine's day was Thursday, and I had to work till 7:30 but I met Rhett at at restaurant in downtown Salt Lake for dinner. He gave me a beautiful sparkly necklace which was perfect because I had been complaining that I lost my favorite one. And I gave him tickets to the O Show for the following night at 10pm. He was excited, but of course concerned at my lack of planning since he had to work the next day. But, ta da! I had already talked to his boss and gotten him the day off, and talked to his HR manager to make sure he got vacation for it. My plan worked. He was genuinely surprised, and I was genuinely proud of myself.

BELOW, at the Bellagio gardens.


We had dinner at a restaurant in Vegas called Lucille's. Best food ever, I still crave it. One entree could feed a small nation for a week. I've been there a couple times but never ventured over to the powder room, where this lovely decorative item is proudly displayed. Oh, what I've been missing! May I present... Electric sex glowing in the window.



Tell me you know the reference. If not, I cannot explain it to you, because you have betrayed your childhood and we probably shouldn't be friends. F R A G I L E. Must be Italian.


11 comments:

  1. "Oh boy! Would you look at that!"

    "Wha, What IS it?"

    "It's a leg!"

    "But, what is it?"

    Welll, it's, it's a leg. Like in a statue."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so there are way too many great quotables in this clip that I had to link it for the viewing pleasure of all!Leg Clip on YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that movie. My mom hates it because we love to watch the 24 hours of the Christmas Story.

    Congrats on the surprise. I am sure he loved it!!!! Who wouldn't

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! On both the surprise and the photo op. I don't advocate thieving, but I think you should've stuffed it under your shirt and made a run for it. And then presented it to me come Christmastime. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous! What a fun little vacation. I'm happy that you were able to pull it off and surprise him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Who's Mommy's little piggie"...
    So many classic lines packed into one tiny movie.
    Props for keepin' it "spicy" or surpris-ey...whatev. I am sure Rhett loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. NAT!!! You and Rhett look so cute together! This is Ashlee by the way but you will figure that out when you go to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah for the "Christmas Story" quote. I always enjoy a good movie line.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys look so happy together. I check every so often to see how Rhett is doing. He's lucky to have such a sweet wife. Tell him Jason & Claire said hello. We would love to meet you the next time you are down here in Las Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Natalie! I found your blog on York and Jennys. You are too cute! Glad you had a fun mini-vay. I acutally had a leg lamp much like that one! I got it at a white elephant party, and still can't believe I gave it away at another one! Have a good one!
    -Jylaire

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a really great story except the part where you came to my home town and you did not even visit! just kidding Nat I saw the Coopers and there was your blog. Anyway it is great to get to catch up on you and I didn't even have to talk! Just kidding again! Hope to see you soon! Marc

    ReplyDelete