Tuesday, June 22, 2010

first-timer alert

I felt the baby move for the first time last night! It was the craziest feeling! And it was completely random and unexpected. I was standing in the kitchen of our new house while Rhett was making some toast late last night. I had put a cold cube of butter in the microwave to soften it. I set the timer for who knows what -just pushed an auto-button to get it going, thinking I would take it out after a few seconds. Then, suddenly I felt the weirdest feeling on the right side of my little growing bump, and I pressed on it lightly to see if I could feel it again - and I could! I made Rhett put his hand on my belly to see if he could feel it too. Whether he really did or not, he swears he could feel something. It was so exciting! Such a little bonding moment.
Don't worry, completely boiled the butter.

5 comments:

  1. love it! isn't it the sweetest feeling in the world?! not so much when they get big enough to lodge their feet in your ribs, but the little flutters are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun hu!! I have felt it a couple of times too, usually later in the evenings when I am finally relaxing. It is the sweetest. Just a little "Hello" from our babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, baby bump saved the first kick for the new house. What a bonding moment indeed. Congrats on both (the new house and growing bean). Such an exciting time for you both! Hope you're feeling good and not having too many extra potty trips yet...oh the joys of being preggers!
    p.s. saw your ma and pa at Gateway having a little lunch date

    ReplyDelete
  4. That feeling is truly the best part of being pregnant! It makes all the not so fun stuff (like the extra potty trips your friend referred to) worth it. It's also the part of NOT being pregnant that I miss. So thanks for sharing these little moments with us. :)

    ReplyDelete